View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #83
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No, I think the key here is radio airplay. Simpson would not have sold that many albums if "Pieces of Me" did not receive the type of airplay that it did. What I'm saying is that I believe Stapp will get a good amount of airplay, which almost always translates to big time sales. And who says 12-14 year olds won't know who Stapp is in a few months time?

This is assuming he gets airtime. He may, he may not. If WU promtoes Stapp EXACTLY the way they promoted AB, he will get about the same amount of airtime. If they promote him more, than it could be different.

Quote: I can. *cough*Christian Community who thinks Stapp is a Christian artist*cough*.

True but if you get the Christian community it can be hard to hold the mainstream audience. Few acts can do it.

Quote: You interpreted what I said in the wrong way. What I meant was that I never understood WHY people thought Myles sounded like Scott in that song. Obviously, being the Creed/AB/Stapp fan that I am, I heard that comparison all the time. And it ticked me off, obviously, because the two are nothing alike, not even in that song.

Well there you go. Myles doesn't sound like Stapp... At all... but that doesn't stop a bunch of knuckleheads from SAYING he does...

Quote: Misinterpreted me again. I did not say that Vedder and Stapp are as far apart as Stapp and Myles are. I just wanted to lead into the fact that I was going to vent about that stupid comparison. I've heard that same stupid comparison about a million times and it's frustrating because it is not true. Both have deep voices, yes, but you can easily distinguish between the two. Vedder goes higher than Stapp does, vocally. Stapp is not a Vedder clone, and anyone who has heard enough PJ and enough Creed can and will tell you that. It's just such a stupid comparison and I get a little ticked off when I hear it for the umpteenth time. They have some similarities, but nothing more than that.

They do have more similarities than most, you have to admit.

Quote: Yes, she likes Kelly Clarkson, Green Day and Hilary Duff.

Wow. You jsut mentioned to three most annoying acts out there. lol

Oh well. If seh can get over her teeny bopper phase by the time she is six, than hopefully musical genius is not far around the bend. lol