Thread: Smokers Church
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #10
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
OKOK, sorry for offending U. I guess I get offended by what u call an "athiest"'s attitude. I gotta get over that hurdle.

Also the verse about your body being a temple of the HS can, I recon, be applied to other things that U subject your body and the Holy Spirit to...dont U think?

But I cant really apologise if I offended U about smoking. I thinksmokers have to be blissfully ignorant to not aknowledge that there has been many reports of increased risks of different phyiscal illnesses including the obvious sore throats and eye irritations, and also including the worse: lung cancer and heart disease to name a couple, when having to inhale sidestream and mainstream smoke.

Poor kids risks of getting asthma increase as well.

I have been reading in occupational health and safety sites mostly, so I am sure that I will get one of those fallicy accusations but anyways, whats in cigarette smoke? And what does it do?

Well there is like 4000 or so chemicals in the smoke so i cant be bothered analyzing them all, but here are some I looked up:

Phosphoric acid: Causes irritation of the nose, throat and respiratory tract.

Benzophenone: I keep getting results coming up that this stuff is widely used in sunscreen. Hmmm...anyways, this MSDS sheet I looked at says: WARNING! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. AFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM.

Ammonia: long-term respiratory system and lung disorders have been observed following severe short-term exposures to ammonia.

But U could say, well that is only short term...
And in all fairness, u can build up a tollerance to the stuff so…

Oh yeh and fair enough, Carcinogens are thought to cause cancer so...

Bah!

Just one more, Hydrogen cyanide: Exposure to it can result in weakness, headache, confusion, vertigo, fatigue, anxiety and occasionally nausea and vomiting. Change in respiratory rate and depth; and within seconds or minutes, exposure to concentrated ammounts can result in death.

Look say this looks like a huge exaggeration, but still, U r putting that in yourself, and in others that are around U.

I will include a short list of stuff found in cigarette smoke in another post cos it is way too long!

I really didnt want this to be a debate about the effects of smoking though. I was hoping it would be more about post modernistic church types etc. Oh well.

ROCK HARD!!!