View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I will agree with you that the fan club isn't much to write home about. As njcreedite has said many times, they could learn from Metallica's Met Club...I think part of their problem is that things happened so fast for them and the business end hasn't caught up. They have enough coin now to hire people who can do the job right. Metallica admit they don't make any money off their awesome magazine, So What, but they do it because of the fans. They have gone years without new stuff (look how long before St. Anger), but they kept their fans' interest with the cool club, DVDs, the magazine, etc. Plus, they do way cool meet and greets from what I hear and read. Pearl Jam also do a great job with their fans. They have always given a sh*t, way back to the days when they tried to take on Ticketmaster. It was a noble effort and it sent a message to their fans that they gave a crap about them. Really, when it comes right down to it, bands don't owe us anything but the music and maybe a good show for a ticket we paid for, but it would be nice to see them a little more organized with CreedInk and the like. That mag doesn't compare at all to Metallica's...Also, presales on shows would be wicked awesome. That's usually my main motivation for joining a fan club, to get a shot at choice seats.

I seriously don't understand the reason the delay in the DVD. And if they weren't going to put one out, they shouldn't have bothered telling us until they were sure they could/would.