View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #34
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.

Quote: (Originally Posted by snake81) First off I was actually having this conversation at work last night, and what I believe is you do make the choice, if you were born homosexual then that would affect free will, which is what God intended for us, I can't believe for one second God would have a child born with that trait and to suffer like that, I believe it is choice just like it is to choose to worship the Lord.

well your idea of free will is flawed there because I don't recall having the choice to be male or female or having the choice of haveing blue eyes or brown or anything like that.... who is to say that one choses their sexuality then? I mean I have know people that from the first time I met them (around the age of 4-5 they have liked the same sex and they do to this day. its not a controlled studay mind you, its just an obsevation. why is it so hard ot believe that one could be born homosexual? does it really warp your faith that much? hell I can recall a time when it was considered sinful (not to mention ilegal) for a white woman to marry a black man but this has changed. Christianity was used to enforce american slavery with the argument that the bible says its ok and comands slaves to obey their masters, hte bible also has rules for owners of slaves regarding their treatment.

so is slavery wrong? you tell me since you are the christian.