View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Bob Jones University is a Protestant College. That much I am sure of. Besides that, no Catholic school is that strict. I have had the displeasure of using BJU's Christian High School books in HS. Well, actually, I have only had to use one(their horrible Economics book), but one is more than enough. I don't mind the Christianity in it, but hate how long and boring and tedious it is. I actually took a look at Bob Jones University, as I am looking at various Colleges right now. I didn't even look at the page you mentioned, HD, as I was disappointed enough when I just looked at the available programs and the tuition, among other things. I'm a Roman Catholic, so I guess that doesn't help matters. But if I'm going to go to a Christian school, no way will it be BJU. I'd rather go to one of the more accepting and open schools in the US.

And, wait a second: they're forbidding Rock music, country, jazz, new age and Christian Contemporary? What about Rap and R&B? I see no mentioning of that, and that's where a lot of filth lies. And you can't even listen to this music on a personal CD player with headphones? Ridiculous. How can a person learn to be independent when they're given less freedom than the average High School gave them? I can understand forbidding certain things, but it's like they're controlling the students as if the students are robots. Those students that go there are not being given a chance to become their own person. I'd never go to a College that suppresses its students that much.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!