View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.

When I mentioned radio-friendly music, I was talking more along the lines of what Michael Tremonti had said on the ABB.net forums... he mentioned several times that lots of the new songs are harder and heavier (and a bit different) than we've ever heard before. Harder != radio friendly. If that's the direction the band is going, they are more than likely not going to be radio friendly. Again as someone else states, that doesn't matter to me because I like lots of stuff that isn't radio friendly...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"