View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I really don't know what to say. I've Creed has been my favorite band since the first time I hear My Own Prison. When they split up, It bothered me as much as it did the rest of you. We don't know what really went on behind closed doors, but it seems as if it is three guys from Creed with the same story, and Stapp still acting as if he is an angel or something. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying.

I agree with fluttergirl that it isn't Stapp-bashing, because Mark, Flip, and Brian are among the handful of people that know the actual truth about what went on behind the scenes of Creed. If all that they said about Stapp in this interview is true, I couldn't blame them for having to vent. If it Scott was that bad, then It would kill me inside to have to cover it up to say that it was just creative differences.

Stapp has remained rather silent on the matter of the breakup. Apparently he doesn't feel that he needs to go public to defend himself, or to give his side of the story.

Either way, I could care less about what has happened. Sure I'm curious to find out what truely caused the breakup. However, the music is what is imporant to me, not the musician's personal lives. Even if I can't respect a man for what he has done with his life, I can respect his music. Do people not respect Curt Cobain's music because he was addicted to drugs?