View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan9 has many valid points, I'd definitely agree with most of it. However, a few things I disagree with (well, not actually disagree, but just want to clarify).

First, their radio singles DO sound a lot alike, and that is what most people judge them by. Sure, it ain't right, but why should they buy the albums if they think all the songs they have heard stink? I only have the albums because I burned them from a friend, and I know that MOP rocks your socks off. But I would never have guessed such a thing if I had only heard their singles (minus bullets, which you never heard on the radio because it wasn't the soft radio rock people wanted).

Second, during MOP Creed WAS one heck of a rock band, but unfortunately they scared a lot of people off with HC because it really did not exhibit their rock and roll side. You can like or dislike human clay, but it desn't help their image, that is for sure.

Third, Green Day IS hated by a lot of people as far as I know... I think just about EVERY band gets hated when they are popular, because if you don't like them you are SICK of hearing them. U2 is kind of an enigma... NO one seems to hate U2. But that is because, in my opinion, they are the last great rock band. Hopefully AB can carry on the tradition of great rock bands but they have a long way to go and I don't ever think they will reach U2 status. It is very hard these days when every song has to be a radio friendly hit or you don't get signed.

Finally, Stapp.. I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you there. If you think a guy is a compelte tool, it is GOING TO AFFECT what you think of his band. I like velvet revolver's music a little, but I just don't get into them because they are a bunch of drugged out morons. Sure, that doesn't technically affect their music but I don't want to support a band that has all the wrong things going imagewise. I'm not saying I think Stapp is such a loser that it affects whether or not I like Creed, but certainly I wouldn't blame those who did.

The things I hate about Creed haters (lol):

Tremonti is a show-off. WHAT ON EARTH?! Where do people get that? I just don't understand...

Tremonti is overrated. Ummm... by whom?

They sound just like Pearl Jam. NO THEY DON'T!!! I don't particulalry adore their last two albums, but their first one was great, and even if it has similarities to Pearl Jam, it certainly is not a Pearl Jam rip-off...

Actually (I think) ...you' re just wasting your time...lol