View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #74
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by SMACKxxxCREED) Dogstar just wanted to clear something up..........I do know more than you not just because my Dad was a Marine but also because I am also a Marine!I am stationed at Cherry Point home of the Second Aircraft Wing and we are one of the worlds most sophistacated combat forces.

Hmmm... do they show and train horses in the Marines?? Didn't know that I was wondering... 'cause that's your occupation according to your profile.

Apart from that this is a very interesting thread to read for me... I'm not done with it though! I have to give my compliments to Dogstar on her first post in this thread.. I so totally agree with you on that:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't understand how people in this country can just accept the adminstration's lie after lie after lie about Iraq and shrug it off to some consequence of doing business. Yet when Clinton lied in a matter that did not threaten anyone's life, unlike a war, our country spent months trying to get rid of him. I'm not a Clinton lover by any means, but it seems our priorities are a little messed up. We don't mind accepting lies that cost a lot of lives, but we will go to the wall on some high moral horse to take down a man who lied about having sex with an intern.

This war is and always has been about oil and economic control. Freeing the Iraqi people was just a PR ploy to gather support for the war, along with the dubious claims that Saddam had WMD. In any event, it's a major shift in policy, going for a preemptive strike rather than responding to a real situation. Even if he had them, unless we had clear intelligence that he was going to attack the U.S., there is no justification for invading Iraq and losing countless American and Iraqi lives. From what I have been reading in the last several weeks, it doesn't appear this information was at hand.

I also agree with Lechium and Tremonti_Fed on their first reactions... that's exactly how I see it! As I say I didn't read all the posts yet...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God