Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #55
RangerJim
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) Yeah there maybe hints of creed in ab III (from what I heard so far) but i am tired of hearing that reference.

It's anthemic rock, uninspired, and bland considering Blackbird. Sounds like the songs were rush, almost sound the same, bad mix, and a very muddled sound (doubt it was my source).

The songs dont have an indiviudal identity to them (no good licks, rifts, hooks, etc). There is no distinct variety i would say (heavy, soft, it does not matter as long as it sounds good )

I would say its an okay record but I wish they had more time to do this. They are not really going to tour in the states until next fall (maybe), so they had time to sit on it and polish it and get done with side projects (that includes Creed)

Words Darker, Wonderful Life, and Isolation are the stand out tracks so far they do tend to rise out of the muddle mess as of right now. I am sure that this will grow, its Alter Bridge after all.

Wonderful Life isn't very good, heard it all before... As of now, the one I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned anywhere as a favourite is Coeur D'Alene. Mark's riffs remind me of a few songs off of One Day Remains and this contains one of the smoothest chorus transitions on the album also has a Full Circle sounding intro with the bass notes being played. Another favourite of mine is Still Remains. This tracks bridge is just pure Metal and Tremonti really shines plus it reminds me of Slipknot(the band on the All hope is gone album) and Creed mixed together. Another is Show Me A Sign which also contains some superb riffs and chords.