View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #48
johellion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed made Stapp?

Creed was at the time, a good combination, and there was a need for a change in music. The music scene at the time was boy bands. The guys were playing the college music scene, and got a great fan following in Tallahassee. We use to just take weekends, and go hear them play at Floyds, and other clubs. We would stay at Brian's, or get a room(Brian had about 4 roommates one being Stapp). I would have to say Creed made Stapp..., but Stapp let it all go to his head, and problems started happening during Human Clay. When Brian left, I knew the band was at it's demise. Weathered was just not a strong album. It sold good, but it was different.

As for AB, they are great!!! Can't wait for the new music!! AB 's OYE went to #2, and stayed in the top 20 for awhile. There album did sale more than Stapp's.

Stapp's didn't do as well...don't know why. I do know he has his fans, but he really burnt his britches in the music industry. Wind-up really played him up in the beginning, he was their golden boy, and when sales and concerts didn't go the way they thought..they stopped pushing his stuff. Just like AB...wind-up was not advertising, and pushing his stuff. AB dropped them, and another record company is snatching them up. As far as Myles's and Scotts voices are concerned.....Scott is strictly a baritone and Myles voice is tenor, and has a wide range...He can sing low, as well as high ranges. Scott has problems hitting high notes, and over the years messed his voice up by not having the proper vocal training. He got training later, but some of the damage was already done.

Creed was a once in a lifetime band.....Stapp or Alterbridge may(but you never know) never be as big as before, but they will still make good music, and now they can all do what they want with their music. Mark can shread!!!! and rock, Brian can play his bass, Flip can tear the drums up and Myles can belt out the tunes!!! Stapp can continue to sing his ballads, and write good lyric.....They will all survive!!!! I have a feeling we will hear their music for many years to come....