View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Bump this thread!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) OK, I sorta guessed what the words were about for miracle drug, but I dont really know...aaahhh what is it? I feel like a moron, waaahhh!
The song is about a man named Christopher Nolan, who was paraplegic. Bono, Larry, Adam, and Edge knew him very closley at school, and his story is so beautiful, yet so sad:

Quoted from Bono: Bono: "We all went to the same school and just as we were leaving, a fellow called Christopher Nolan arrived. He had been deprived of oxygen for two hours when he was born, so he was paraplegic. But his mother believed he could understand what was going on and used to teach him at home. Eventually, they discovered a drug that allowed him to one muscle in his neck. So they attached this unicorn device to his forehead and he learned to type. And out of him came all these poems that he'd been storing up in his head. Then he put out a collection called Dam-Burst of Dreams, which won a load of awards and he went off to university and became a genius. All because of a mother's love and a medical breakthrough."

So Christopher had lived his whole life trapped inside his own body, not being able to speak, show emotion. This song is so beautiful, the faith a mother can have in her child is amazing. And to think that all of his life, he had memorised these poems, inside his head, not on paper like we would be able to, but stored away inside his head, not being able to speak the words. It's so beautiful to think that a simple drug could become a miracle in someones life. Miracle Drug.

Now pump the song and feel the emotion, people!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006