View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
WeatheredWoman, thanks for moving your thread. I'm still impressed with all the information you gave us. I had to laugh when you said that when people are a little over the top, they are compared to Americans. I think that perhaps the movie industry in the U.S. has a little influence on the world, that shows us that way. Many lead very quiet lives, no guns, cowboys, wild lives or drugs. Although we do have all those things in our society, just not how movies would make it seem.

I was interested in the laws in your country, that are so different than ours. I have known that other countries were more relaxed than the U..S.A. regarding alcohol, but I didn't know about weed/pot. There are mixed feelings here about that, and some people want to use it for medical purposes. The Republicans in office now would never change that law. Our president is also proposing to change the U.S. constitution, so that gay marriages would never be legal. You of course know my views on that subject, and I am for gay marriage, but many in our country are very against it.

Many people are immigrating to the U.S.A. too, we just have more areas and land still available than your country has, and I can understand how is stressful to have very different cultures living closley together, when their ways and customs do not blend well. Time will hopefully help.

Being a woman in both our countries seems very much alike, as we have freedom that some countries do not have. I can understand what you mentioned about people killing family members in their own culture as now becoming a problem in your country. I am surprised that your country didn't take this very seriously right from the start. We probably have that too, I just haven't heard anything.

Lith, you sound like you have a really interesting life. Lots of interests, and a very interesting future. What are the people in Sweden like compared to our two posts so far? And do you travel alot? You mentioned that you visited the Netherlands.