View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #27
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You're right, Uncertain. They didn't stick together and they didn't sell more records. I never said that they should get in based on the COULD HAVES. I simply stated that I thought that if they would have stayed together, they could have sold a bunch of records. My point in bringing up 3DD was that, if they can continue to be successful in terms of selling records and scoring hits, then why can't a band that I believe is better(Creed) be just as, if not more, successful than 3DD? I never implied that Creed should get in just based on success. I also never implied that I thought 3DD deserves the HoF. I just wanted to use an example in pointing out that Creed could have stayed successful if they would have stuck together. I guess I could have been more clear in the way that I wrote everything.

I forgot about the 25 year rule. I did know about that, but obviously when I typed that, I just plain forgot about it. I guess we'll have to see in 10-15 years if any of the ultra successful 90s bands get in. Should be interesting.

I wasn't trying to say you thought 3DD was getting into the HoF (okay, maybe I was ) but yeah, don't take offense, lol

And yes, it WILL be interesting when the time rolls around for Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam... I actually think Nirvana and Soundgarden are shoo-ins, and I think pearl jam is a pretty good shot as well.