View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
No, I haven't looked at the PDF yet. Hidden songs? I did check out the DVD stuff later and it was OK. They have the THTF video, clips of other videos and songs from the Body of Work category that is set up like the one on nin.com and the whole album in surround sound (which I don't have) or stereo on the DVD side. They also have remixes of THTF.
I was hoping for more video stuff, but alas, no such luck. There is probably a bunch of hidden stuff that I'm too clueless to find, hehehe.

This album is definitely a departure from his other stuff, but I'm still really enjoying it. I see what you mean, though, about his coming from a happier place and thus, the music is different. I think it would be lame of him to try to force something that wasn't there, so if it's honest, that's good. A lot of people thought he was forcing things on The Fragile, but given what he's now saying about his life back then, it seems pretty real. I know that one didn't do as well commercially, but I really like it.

I think it was Maynard from Tool who said if you can't heal from writing music, what's the point?