View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think it could be bad unless there is something else to distinguish their sound, either a writing style or a playing style, something to set them apart from the rest. That's what Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden did for me. I was blown away by different things in each band. For instance, with PJ, it was Eddie's voice and lyrics; with Alice it was everything, Layne's voice, the amazing haunting harmonies and driving guitars, and lyrics; for Soundgarden it was again lyrics and Chris Cornell's outstanding voice. Cornell was compared a lot to Robert Plant at first, but that band found its own sound and had success. For me, Logan sound a bit too much Creed and Pearl Jam, even though I think the singer is really good and they have potential, I'm not sure I'd be compelled to go out and buy the CD because what I have heard did not bowl me over. Not that it's bad, but it just didn't really grab me. I'm not a musician, so it's hard for me to put it into specifics.

Also, sometimes a band's live performance will do the trick. If I really dig them live, I might be more inclined to give their CD a shot.