Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #3044
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

"The Making of...Beautiful Relationships"

I read that in order to have friends... loving, genuine, true friends...we first have to be that way...ourselves.

To make friends we first must be a friend to others. We have to take the first step in connecting and in communicating with others.

But first and foremost we have to become our own best friend, knowing who we are and what we stand for and liking it. What is it that brings joy to our heart and mind and is pleasing to God's spirit within?

Then and only then do we develop the courage to step out into the world and meet other like minded individuals. "When God is for you, who can be against you?"

Life changes for the better.

I have learned that if I am pretending to be something I am not, to please others and get acceptance from a crowd that is not anything like me, then it makes one more lonely and isolated than if they had no friends at all. It also makes my entire existence FAKE...and every time I look in the mirror I see a LIE. Its no way to exist.

I used to hate my own reflection, I found myself saying the most horrible things a person could say to themselves when I was alone. I hated who I was and the way I looked. Little did I know that the energy I was exuding attracted external circumstances that reflected it. And I wondered why do I always get into hurtful relationships? Why do I seem to pick the very people who hurt me and betray me and say horrible things to me? Now "I SEE"!

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it's dark." ~Zen Proverb

I can now honestly say by the Grace of God, I love who I am becoming. I can look in the mirror and like who I see. It feels really good, its so freeing.

“I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”
― Brene Brown

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. ~Thomas Szasz, "Personal Conduct," The Second Sin, 1973

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." ~George Moore

Last edited by Sasa : 09-22-2012 at 08:00 AM.