View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, first off Dogstar, I saw creed on the My Own Prison, Human Clay, and Weathered tour, and the only one that scott stapp was acting like a complete asshole on was the weathered tour.

*rolls eyes* Wow, that's a lot of proof. Again, no facts or observations other than his swearing at the PSU show to back up what you say, which is all I asked you to do. And you never did mention any other shows you attended where he *wasn't himself*. Blanket generalizations with no proof.

Quote: You can tell by looking at him that hes been having problems, i mean, that is dogstar if you can pull your head outta ur ass long enough to see.

Really, you can? Oh, wow, what a revelation. Appearances don't always tell the whole story, or are you not wise enough to know never to judge a book by its cover? Do you take everything at face value? I pity you.
And another thing, don't fucking insult me with your lame-ass cursing. I can play that game, too. I simply disagreed with your post and questioned the validity of some of your statements, asking you back them up. So, buddy, no need to get YOUR panties in a twist.

Quote: Nobody that i know whos not on some kind of drugs gets fat in the face, but the rest of their body stays the same.

Wasn't there talk from Scott himself that he was taking medication for his vocal cords and back trouble from the car accident and such? Even if he was lying you've no right to suppose that he was on some kind of drugs (illicit implied) without knowing the facts.

Quote: I was about 10 feet from the stage at PSU, and stapp looked like hell, he could hardly hit the highest notes in some of his songs. Mind you that i thought the show was pretty good cuz the swearing is funny, but still, he knows that his shows are all age, and hes swearing in front of all those little kids.

Again, get over yourself with the swearing. And from what I could see, as I was on the rail at the PSU show, he looked chubbier all around, not just in his face. That could be attributed to eating and drinking as well as drugs. BUT WE DON'T KNOW! You're not with him daily to see what he does and doesn't do. And yeah, he was having trouble hitting the high notes. I have a number of bootlegs from tours past where he had the same trouble, although it was most notable on the Weathered tour.

Quote: SO dogstar, dont get your panties all in a bunch buddy, just chill.

My panties are just fine and you, I think, are the one who needs to chill. You're the one getting all in a huff about his swearing. I think you need to seriously lighten up.

Quote: Oh, and you know what else makes me think that creed broke up.

No, and I really don't give a rat's ass what you think because you don't back up anything you say, so I would put little stock in anything else you might opine about.

Quote: The fact that they are putting out a compilation album even tho they have 3 albums out that dont have a lot of hits or b-sides. If the band doesnt want to breach their contract with wind-up, and they only need one more album to get their contract over with, wouldnt it make sense to put out a compilation?
Gee, what astounding powers of deduction *rolls eyes*

Quote: I mean, thats all just speculation and observations on my part, but we all know that dogstar likes facts and not observations, god forbid someone say something that may not be the whole truth, but meerly a viewpoint of someone else.

Wow, sorry to be so demanding. You are a perfect example of what's wrong with today's gullible society. You just take what is fed to you and rush to judgment without doing one iota of homework.

Quote: Where are your facts that stapp isnt having problems dogstar? Once again, i didnt say that I know it all, im sayin that i believe that is the problem. Im saying that from MY POINT OF VIEW. Isnt the point of a message board to speculate and give opinions. Well, its a free country and I GAVE MY OPINION. I shared my point of view, so take it up with my lawyer if it offends you that much.

My, my, where are those chill pills? You are in serious need. I never said he WASN'T having problems, if you would take the time and actually absorb what I posted. I simply said people who claim to know about his problems shouldn't spew that garbage if they can't back up what they say with either personal observation, i.e, knowing the guy, or credible sources, none of which I've seen to date.
Oh, and I don't think rampant speculation is the point of a message board. It's a place where fans can gather and talk about the band, yes. But spreading rumors on a message board is just as nasty if not worse than, by word of mouth.

You're right, it's a free country and you can spew your baseless opinions all you want. I have just as much right to shoot them down.