View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Brett Hestla Talks a little about new band

this was posted by Brett Hestla at the boards at virgos.cchttp://virgos.cc/messageboard/index....topic=43&st=60

Hey all ye faithful. This is Brett here, I hope you all are well and happy.
Yes Dark Blue is the name, yes we are signed to Warner Bros. Records, and we are now mixing our record with 7Dust's producer/mixer Ben Grosse. It is going well and we should know a release date soon. The name is the result of 6 months of searching and researching copyright information on about 20 different names. It came to the point of asking myself how to describe the music in as short of a term as posssible, Dark, and Bluesy. It is as complete of a mixture of all of our previous styles as it could be. i think if you were a fan of any of the bands in our individual make-up i.e. Virgos, 7Dust, Double Drive, Stereomud, Scrape; you will definitely enjoy it.

For the record, this site sponsored a name the band contest, unfortunately it wasn't necessarily O.K.'ed by the band. This is an individually sponsored site that we really have no say in how it's run. It is paid for and run by a fan on his own merit.
I hope you weren't too dissapointed if your name didn't end up being picked.

I am so happy you guys care enough about my music to still come here and chat about it. I also hope you'll give the new project a chance, I think it is far and above the best work I've ever done. I recognize some of the screen names and hope you guys are doing great. (sorry you don't like the name leenis).

So I'll write back soon and let you guys know our new band sites address, and I hope you guys will come check us out there.

With the greatest appreciation,

Brett Hestla