View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp in Chicago: "I feel like the prodigal son."

hehe

Interesting show last night. Stapp's return to Chicago went over pretty well. He seemed quite apologetic and extremely appreciative that we still cared enough to come out. He said it felt like a 1000lb gorilla was lifted off his back.

Musically, it was pretty much what I expected. Scott's range is nothing like it used to be. It was interesting though. On songs where he actually needed to sing (example: WAWO), he sounded about 90%. Unfortunately, for most of the show, it sounded like he adopted a new singing style & was trying his best to preserve his voice... perhaps in fear of blowing it out again?

Mark was shredding pretty good but the sound system was awful and I couldn't hear half of his solos. Flip sounded GREAT, as usual.

They played Are You Ready? instead of Full Circle. That was kind of disappointing. Full Circle seems like a better song. Otherwise, the setlist was decent. I would have made a couple changes, but hey, I can't complain.

Overall, it was a fun Sunday night that was worth the $25, but this isn't the same Creed I saw back in 1999 - 2002.

3 out of 5 stars.