View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #11
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Chavez: U.S. Has Lost in Iraq

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) No you didnt understand what I said... When I said about a visit to South America I was refering for you to see the entire culture, the way people live and think etc --not the poverty or corruption that of course exists here as the same way its exists in US or European countries.

But anyway im glad that you are going to see the real life outside America ...maybe it helps you to rethink and your biased concepts about the others countries and US foreign policy...

"Biased concepts?" I'm confused. Are you insinuating that I'm bad for wanting people to be able to live freely and not under the iron fist of a brutal dictator? Or that I realize that war is a possibility when dealing with violent and repressive regimes? People are entitled to natural rights as human beings and I hate seeing people living in societies take those rights away from them.

The only Latin American country I've been to is Mexico... and I've been there a bunch of times. I know the culture, the history, and can speak the language a little bit. I'm sure that Brazil is completely different than Mexico... but my point is that I've been exposed to other non-American culture before.