View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Chavez: U.S. Has Lost in Iraq

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I really suggest to you to came to South/Latin America one day to visit some countries here like Argentina, Chile, Peru, Brazil, Cuba etc...to see with your own eyes the reality...I mean without biased pre-judgements about Thirld world, just to you to understand how is living outside america ...I know you are going to visit one of the most rich Countries in Europe but despite all the good time you ll have there --its not the same thing...
But please , try to understand me --Im not saying they were heroes...but we grew up seeing them as heroes...because the situation before them wasnt good ...aanywasy it was also terrible...

I live 15 minutes from Mexico. I know exactly what non-American poverty looks like as a result of a corrupt government. Here's the difference though... our revolutionaries and revolutionary thinkers brought millions upon millions of people happiness and prosperity... I seriously doubt that Che and Castro will do the same. I would gladly take George Washington or John Lock/Adam Smith over Vladimir Lenin and Karl Marx.

When one of the main reasons I decided on going to Sweden as opposed to the Netherlands is because it'll put me closer to eastern Europe, that way I can get a chance to see a part of Europe that I probably won't travel to later in life. I mean, some of the Baltic states are quite poor and I plan on visiting them.