View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #45
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) Dogstar, I think DekWannaBFlea is just a little upset that everyone else here doesn't think that RHCP created funk. A little delusional I think. And a bit defensive because Flea invented that slap-bass things that everyone's doing these days! OMG HE SO DID Bootsy Collins doesn't exist! Lies! That was the fake 1985 when Biff stole the almanac!

And before you go off on me, I play bass too, as does my girl (<3), and of a small scale survey, 100% said that Flea doesn't really impress them and had no impact on chosing bass as an instrument to play (But Mother's Milk was pretty cool). Make of that what you will.

I think RHCP's drumming is unimaginative, and the vocals are average (horrendous live, I've heard). But I still think Fruciante is awesome through and through and he more than makes up for half of the band being mediocre.

Lol, I never said Flea created funk and i never said he created slapping, he just brought funk back in the 80's and put a twist on "Poping" and "Slapping" into something very unique. If you aren't impressed at all with Flea and i don't know what will inmpress you. Have you heard "Higher Ground"?, "Coffee Shop"?, "Naked In The Rain "?, "Soul To Squeeze"?, "Skinny Shorty Man", "Get up and Jump". If you haven't these, you haven't heard the best of Flea ( i could name more).

It is good that other bassists got you into the bass, but you don't realize how much impact Flea has had on the music world. For example, just go to Mxtabs you will see that many people admire Flea a lot. I am not trying to say that Flea is the best or that he influenced everybody, i am just saying that he has had a big impact.

Chad smith is a pretty dam good drummer i don't know where you are coming from, i have asked several of my drummer friends and they say he is pretty good but certainly not the best. And yes Anthony Keidis voice isn't the best all the time, but most of the time it is pretty good from what i have seen and heard. Fruscinate is awesome ill agree with that. But to say they are medicore is the most ignorant thing to say, i could bring up several lists that disagree with you, he is an example of this:
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_inst.html

OMG they are at 48, the must be really medicore! Give me a break.
ill bring up another list if needed.