View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #51
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: This thread needs to be closed, it's been completely derailed into a mudslinging match.

Ah, if only you could have seen "Faith Forum" at Creednet in its heyday. COMPLETELY UNMODERATED and EVERY KIND OF "FAITH" YOU CAN IMAGINE walking in there with their dukes up. I LOVED IT. Because for once in my life I could speak directly from my heart with others who were doing the same. Man did we quote the bible at each other back and forth. And then the expletives. (Not me, I'm a "lady". )

However, that kind of free wheeling communication does turn very nasty, with lots of collateral damage - and I'm not sure it's a good thing to allow. I'm just glad I was able to go through it. I was able to work things out in my own mind there, from trying to make others see what I saw.

I see we have a faith forum here - I have not investigated it - there is one at PBF too - mostly sharing praise and prayer requests, no one making any assertions and/or raising any objections. But that is the highest kind of faith you know - Abraham challenged God Himself, "shall not the judge of all the earth do RIGHT?" The more sure a person is of what he stands for, the less likely he is to be offended or offensive.

I don't think Creed has deliberately calculated a kind of art that speaks to everyone in his own language - but actually I think every good piece of art does that. I think the artists like each other, generally - but their fans despise each other, as each has heard that art in his own language and can't listen to any other. Just remembering that Ozzie said he liked Creed - most of his fans would mock them.