View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
Creed Say I
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Part 2

Part II:

"Are You Ready" ends...

Are you ready for all of these emails? We’re in the studio this afternoon with Mark Tremonti the guitar player for Creed and also we’ve got Jeff Lanehan with Paul Reed Smith Guitars. Now you’re gonna be at Guitar Center tonight at 7:30 to promote 1 or is it 2 new guitars in the line. What…
Jeff: Actually there’s 2 different models. There’s US Made Mark Tremonti Model which is the model Mark actually uses himself live and then also there’s a Korean made model that’s a little less expensive – it’s a entry level thing to get people into the blind (?) then we go from there.

Do you realise that there’s probably gonna be millions of people there based on the 3 – I’m sorry – 400 emails I’ve gotten so far?
M: That’d be great

What now are you prepared to stay there all night? You’ll get there at 7:30 what time will you close this thing down?
M: I think we go about 2 hours right?
J: 2 hours but typically Mark doesn’t like to leave anybody standing.

Right, um I’ve gotten so many emails let me ask you this. This is from Tresa in Abilene. How do you choose which guitars go on the road with you and do you have extra security for them?
M: Um ah actually just Ernie my guitar tech he watches them, he kinda puts them in a case while we’re not performing and I take about 8 guitars out on the road with us. And uh no extra security they’re the 8 guitars that are always there

Oh wait, I had another question for you too. Joey Fatone of NSync – have you heard about this? Do you have a love for NSync at all.
M: No actually all those guys live in our town

Do you know them?
M: No I don’t really know them. But I see him around town.

Do you know he’s doing a tribute record to you?
M: *laughs* Is he really?

He’s doing a collection of songs to bands that he loves and Creed is one of them. He’s decided that he’s gonna honour Higher with a song called Can You Change My Tire?
M: Alright. Cool

So any chance we might hear you doing anything special on that?
M: Uh I don’t know. We’re a little busy right now.

I hear that, so the Creed record coming out…
M: Hopefully September next year.

And I guess it’s too soon to ask about a tour. Sometimes bands like to go on the road to test drive material, would you be considering anything like that? M: I would love to if there’s talk of rehearsing and doing some New Years – a couple of New Years shows. But ah other than that, we’ll probably just be busy writing and producing the record.
Creed was here just like 2 years ago to do the Thanksgiving Day game for the Cowboys. Is there any chance you’ll be able to do that again any time soon?
M: Um I’m not sure. You know we really haven’t for the last 8 months – we put all business on the backburner and now we’re just getting back into it. We have really no plans except for just taking our time and getting this next record written.

And I got an email from somebody from Georgia uh Corey. And he wanted to ask you, are you working with somebody named Bill Peck? You producing or is he recording…(trails off)
M: Bill is just a friend of mine from Orlando who I ran into, who always would say – he had a Morley endorsement and asked me if I’d jam with him. And one day we got together and played guitar. He’s just an incredible player. So we just hang out all the time and ah we’ve got different styles so it’s just good to play with people with different styles you can always learn from everybody.

And is there anybody else that you’ve worked with or you wanna work with to sort of hone in on their style?
M: Um there’s a band in Orlando called Endorphine that I’m really digging and Adam their guitar player is another guy that we – you know me and Eric from Submersed, Bill and Adam will get together, just hang out at the house, put on some backing tracks and just solo for a couple hours every night you know.

And is there any chance when you guys are working on the new Creed record, is that gonna be wholly Creed or is there any chance that you may be collaborating with any other artist on it?
M: No I mean a Creed record will just be a Creed record.

Ok cool. Jeff did you want to tell us any more about the models of the guitars that he’s gonna be signing and talking about tonight at the Guitar Center.
J: Yeah tonight Mark will be doing a private Meet & Greet from 7 to 7:30 for people who have purchased Tremonti model guitars, either model he’ll be meeting them personally in a pre public tape thing in a private room. Then after that he’s going to be doing the public thing and like we said it’s scheduled like 2 hours but Mark don’t like to leave people standing so it will go to the last person.

And if you’re just tuning in, Mark is gonna be at the Guitar Center at *address* it starts at 7 for people who have bought the guitar. 7:30 for anything else.
M: Right

Right on well thank you so for coming in and welcome back to Dallas (M: Thank you very much) and when you get back to town….*conclusion* …Thank you so much and best of luck for the new Creed CD.
source- onelastriff