View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #55
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Doh boy, where to start. When I said that stapp was mocking Christianity, I was talking about the interview where he said whatever about God man, see the month before, or week before, or whatever, I remember reading an interview with him in a Christian magazine where he admits he is a "Christian" and he found faith, and lalala. Then he says blah blah about being God man, and maybe he was joking, and even still its a slap in the face to me, and should be to other Christians, at least Christians in the true sense of the word.

That's what I thought you meant. Let me go pull up the interview in question, as I'm fuzzy about the exact quote.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp/MTV) MTV: Do you fear that "Relearn Love" will be taken as proof that Creed, and you personally, were Christian rock?

Stapp: No, because I'm not evangelical. I'm not doing this to try to preach this to people or to try to make people believe in what I believe in. I'm not handing out Bibles at my shows, and just like with Creed, not all of my [solo] songs are going to be about my spiritual life. It's a part of my life.

MTV: What if the negative criticism comes up again? Are you better prepared now?

Stapp: I'll just address it and be honest about it. If the Christian thing comes up again, maybe I'll put on a Superman suit with "God" in the front and be God-Man. Maybe I'll make a satire out of it. What can you do except deal with it?

At the end of the day, the people who know you, whom you love, are the only ones I'm accountable to.

I'm a very devout Christian(Roman Catholic to be exact) and I'm not bothered at all by that comment. He was only joking when he said that. I think people really overreact sometimes. He wasn't serious. If he was, I'd be offended.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 05:27 PM.