View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #87
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Ok, I'm sorry, I have to speak up here.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I never said the bible teaches such although given the time I am sure I could find something that would give the basis for the belief that some sects of christianity believe.
Ok, that was pathetic. Some Atheists believe that in the beginning, there was no matter, just nothingness. Then this nothingness condensed by gravity into a single, tiny spot; and it decided to explode.

Does this mean that it aplies to what you believe? No. In pointing out
absurdities in other groups, you fail by all means to challenge one's
own beliefs.

Quote: Jesus said to follow me you must first hate your mother father brothers and sister. (talk about family values)
Are your arguments going to get any better? Jesus said not not love your parent's and/or siblings more than Him. The keyword in that sentence is obviously MORE.

Quote: did I say that Christianity teaches to be judgemental? no on the contrary I stated as follows
I said that many Christians ARE judgemental in spite of what their book teaches or did you just miss that? because if you can miss interpret what I say than maybe you are misinturpreting the bible wich you hold dear.
Don't lump all Christians into a group (even "professed" ones).
SOME athiests want to kill unborn babies legally. (BTW, if a fetus can be killed, then it's obviously alive, and that's murder) Does that mean that I can judge you by them? No.

(I don't know your position on abortion, but I don't try do attack you just because you're an atheist and some atheists disagree with me, that's pathetic and would only show that I had no decent argument. Unfortunatly, that's the path you decided to take in this conversation.)

Quote: ahhh yes the christian apologetic justification the free will scape goat. (scape goating is a fallacy) I didn't say that every thing that I stated was the teachings of doma or doctrine I listed of things wrong with christianity because last time I check if you are a chirstian (or claim to be) than you are a part of christianity.
So you're saying that you don't believe in free will? If you went to court
for being white (asuming you are) would you say "Yes I'm guilty if wrong
just because I'm white" ? I don't think so. You're being racist against Christianity(if you will) and that's a pathetic argument.

Quote: 3*A plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain natural phenomena

This is the only one out of the three that allows Evolutionary Theory, and guess what? It does the same thing Creationism does. They both answer one phenomena with another untestable phenomena.

Quote: and it glorifies these killings trying to justify them by saying its gods will and such (some all loving god) I especially love when it says you should be "joyful" when "dashing infants heads agianst rocks" (I can provide a reference if you'd like) seriously the thing that confuses me is why christians are so up tight about their children watching movies or tv that involves murder, violence, nudity, sex, incest, rape, gang rape, and so on WHEN IT IS ALL IN YOUR HOLY BOOK! is it just me or do I see some sort of twisted logic to justify this?

Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

8)Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Yeah, and how many times after God gave Isreal the 10 commandments,
which included "do not kill" did God send Isreal into war? I have no idea.
Dozens of times, to say the least. The point is that sometimes war is
inevetable. Do you believe that war can sometimes (in certain extreme conditions) be justified? Do you also believe that killing is generaly "bad"?
If you do then you are in the same boat.

The Bible says

(Deuteronomy)
16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

and

Deuteronomy 30 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Deuteronomy 30
Prosperity After Turning to the LORD
1 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come upon you and you take them to heart wherever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes [a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers. 6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today. 9 Then the LORD your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands and in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your land. The LORD will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your fathers, 10 if you obey the LORD your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Who's cherry picking now, Shadow? It seems that you are.

Genesis 6

5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

As you of all people should know, God's only chance of mercy is through
The Messiah. God used those who pleased Him to bring about the Messiah.
(Jesus, in the Christian faith) You say that you've studied the Bible, but
these are some of the most pathetic arguments I've heard yet from you.
I know you can do better than this.

Last edited by SecretWeapon : 04-13-2006 at 11:08 PM.