View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #76
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I believe that Atheism is growing in America. I think it is a sad fact and will continue to happen. We Christians have allowed to happen by not standing up for our rights. We have allowed God to be taken out of our Schools. We allowed the voice of one Atheist to outway the voice of many who believe in God. It will continue to happen until Jesus comes back to this earth. It will be like it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. I don't think we are too far off from that.
This country does not allow for your god to be in public schools. you are taking a cryptic book the wrong way and are making prdictions that will never come true. Jesus said to his followers "There are some here who will not taste death with out seeing my return" I hate to break it to you but Jesus was either wrong or lying because all of thoes people present are long dead. If Jesus was wrong then he can't be god and is a false prophet. if he was lying then he was a sinner. take yoru pick.

Quote: There is one thing that I don't think most Atheist understand. Atheist don't seem to understand that they must have faith to believe that the earth and universe came from nothing. Just as I must have faith that God has always been. To me it is easier to believe that God created it all than to believe it came from nowhere. At some point everything had to have a beginning. I see the beauty all around me. Beautiful Sunsets and Sunrises. Beautiful flowers and trees. Mountains and Valleys. Even the beauty of a woman. I can't imagine all that just coming from nowhere. All that just appearing and coming from some single cell organism billions of years ago.
Well most Atheists don't have magial thinking like say most Christians do. we don't believe the world was created nor do we believe that matter was created because that is impossible (not imporbable) matter can niether be created or destroyed. The universe has always been weather it be a solid state universe or an ocsilating universe or even the cosmic foam model...it has always been and will always be. This is why Christianity is so poisonous to the mind it makes you think emotionally rather that logically or rationally or empirically.
Quote: Where do you think your morals came from. You think as a human we just automatically have some inherent since of morality. Why then are we are the only species on the planet that has this since of morality. How come animals do not have a conscience. Could it be that it is because we were created in the image of God? Where does it come from if it is not from God? That is an impossible question to answer.

you haven't heard anything I have said have you? Altruism is a selfless act and to preform a selfless act the has to be some sort of morality. Animals exibit altruistic behavior as do humans. it is fallasious to think that if there is a god he is resposible for morality and since you have demonstrated you can't think logically then I guess the concept is out of your grasp.