View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 08:47 AM   #17
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I really don't care how wealthy someone is.....a musician's music is their product...they sell it, and make an income from it....I don't really think how rich they are should make it okay to take it without paying for it.

Once again you missed my point like usual... I agree it's wrong and doesn't matter how wealthy they are in principle.. But when you ARE that wealthy don't say that some kids downloading songs is robbing you blind. He making it sound worse than it is. Look, Metallica is one of my all-time favorite bands and I respect the hell out of them all as musicians, but Lars got way caried away in going after people for what was effectly pocket change to them.

I also buy all my CD's.. have over 300 that have contributed to the wealth of many deserving stars, but I have also gone on Kazaa and even Napster to check out songs from bands someone recommended before buying the CD.. or if I was going to a concert I would check out some music of an opening band to get a feel for them first. File sharing does have it's place if used properly.