View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I am the only way?

If we don't preach the gospel, people will not be saved?

Do you believe that? I don't. That's salvation as commodity, not salvation as a gift, and I don't believe that is God's intention either...

Think about it, some Christians (First Assembly, for example)say that unless you have heard about Jesus and made an explicit commitment to being his follower, you cannot be "saved". Leaving aside the question of those who have heard about Jesus and not responded, and of those who never hear about Jesus in the first place? This is what I believe Carlos was trying to convey, not that he didn't believe the way, but that there are more ways to get there than just one.

Abraham, for example...

When Jesus says he is the way, I think he is saying that he represents the larger way, saying that the path to Truth is the way, not necessarily Christianity in church form.

Jesus anticipated this when he said: "Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether the teaching [I am giving] is from God or whether I am speaking on my own." (John 7:17)

Someone who wants to know God will recognize the importance of Jesus when they do hear about him, this happened for me about 20 years ago, after I went to church throughout my childhood, btw...

Not trying to make this difficult, I just don't subscribe to a one track mindset, I also fear the church of today though.

Heaven

Last edited by HeavenBesideYou : 11-12-2005 at 10:32 AM. Reason: It's early...