View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:24 AM   #52
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) This is amazing everyone on the site seems to like the new song except some uncertain drummer, lol...typical thought I really believe that anything that came out of stapps mouth he would have a problem with..As far as sounding like creed, well tremonti may have swung the guitar but scott's "A" game is what brought the band to the forefront and as far as Alter bridge, im sure that alot of people are going to like stapps music alot more, mainly because Stapp is the man and without him all tremonti will have is a band who wishes they still had Stapps voice backing them. myles may hit higher notes but Stapp's voice is pleasing to the ears...From the standpoint of sound, stapps voice draws you as myles is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard..enough said. I find it funny that lyrically and musically it was much more enjoyable to listen to scotts new song than any on AB's Cd..I own it but this is how i feel.

I cant agree with that! And Im not uncertain drumer...lol

Im a fan of Creed and a fan of Stapp too. So when Creed ended (i really dont think possible they are going to reunite some day!) i was so sad that I simply avoid lsten to AB...
But after some "insistences" I got ODR and really enjoyed. Loved Myles's voice, (even though I also love Stapp voice), Tremonti riffs and the guys.Really good stuff.
But of course I was anxious expecting Stapps cd...I was excited about his new songs,his lyrics...
So when I listened to Relearn Love for the first time -I didnt like it much, but i thought-"hey ,take it easy,this is a song made for a christian movie...hes going to write better songs ..."
Now, after a long long time , after a lot of delays his cd is going to be released in November and the first song avaliable is Great Divide...again I was anxious and put a thread here about it ...but when I listened to the new song...er...this is absolutely nothing i was expecting from him...this is not rock, isnt a good balad!...Its extremely pop and consequently will play on the radio ton of times...is this his new musical direction? I hope not.

His lyrics were so good ...but GD is equal to RL: disappointing.

Anyway, I hope for better songs...and of course is amazing hearing to Stapps voice again...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-09-2005 at 06:06 AM.