Thread: Music Students
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Well intermediate would be....say rules for harmony for chords 1, 4, 5....then the more advanced I think is when U hit chords 6, 7, 2 etc, and u have to know all the little rules, like: dont double the 3rd here, careful of paralel 5ths, use this chord to break that up, yada yada.

Basically, at the moment, I have homework that is dealing with Augmented 6ths. Its 4 part harmony, and it also has hidden dominants in places that really threw me till i figured out thats what it was.

THe homework has the sop line written in and you have to decide the rest, what chords and stuff, but every exercise has one of the 3 major augmented 6ths that U have to incorporate in it, so I'm like, AAAAHHH!!! Cos I keep seeing notes, especially accidentals in the sop line and i have no idea! I'm so dumb! grrrr! So I was trying to find someone that I could run things by and see what they thought, cos some of this is soooo confusing i dunno what to do its hard enough remembering what degrees to raise let alone all the other stuff! Harmony is insane!

ROCK HARD!!!