Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #58
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Where to begin, where to begin...

The what was the quote taken from Joseph smith that I posted where he claimed that all you guys are gods, and the why? Cos he wanted to be like God, and that is a sin, it got Lucifer thrown out of heaven.
Lucifer was not thrown out of heaven for wanting to be like God. He wanted to force people to do the right thing. That was the opposite of what God wanted. It is not a sin to try to be like God. However, it is a sin to want to be God. There's a difference. Acting in his ways (kindness, charity, love, etc.) is not a sin.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Yeh and it was wrong, and it was evil, and God made it very clear that He didnt want His people to be messing with that stuff.

BTW the Urim and thummin had no magic powers. They knew that.
They did not view it as a sin because it was a cultural practice. They didn't know it was wrong. They thought it healed. It was what was taught. I know the Urim and Thummum had no magic powers. As I said, they were the FOCAL point while praying. They would look at it like we bow our head, close our eyes, and either clasp our hands or fold our arms.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) It's in Doctrine and Covenants.
Give me a reference. There's a lot of stuff in there.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) All U know is what has been written? Have U read it all? Have U read the uncut stuff? The writings change, even your statues change. Ask your leaders about the offering of Cain statue, I bet they deny it.
The only stuff that has been cut has been cut by people who are acting out against the church and trying to play with the teachings, such as what you are doing now.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) That comment on the clouds was lame. And heaven aint the planet Kolob. Theres nothing in the Bible that says that.
Where do you believe heaven is?

[quote=Sincirr]Listen, I know that U are an intelligent person. Your writings show this, but you need to research the history of your faith alot more.
No, you need to learn the history of why things that happened did happen.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) LOVE? What of shedding someone's blood as pardon for sin? Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves! This is the history of your faith!
"Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." It does not say that the way to happiness is killing people.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The papyrus fragments that U now know as The Pearl of Great Price. It seems that Egyptologists totally disagree with his translations.
So what's the problem?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The similarities are in the rules taught by the authorities, that were not the Law, just extra rules and regulations added to the truth, kinda like U guys, yeh.
Laws have not been changed. Take modesty, for example. As a whole, it could mean many things. I don't think that saying today's clothing of tube tops and tons of piercings is immodest is a bad thing. Just like I said how times change, clothes do too. The world is not the same place it was 100 or even only 50 years ago. Just like how amendments to the constitution are changing America.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Your young religion's books cannot compare with the Bible, no matter what your professor says.
Parallels are everywhere in todays world tieing many religions together. Yes the Bible is the most inspirational book that is most widely accepted by the masses, and accepted by who aren't even religious, but what's wrong with more spiritual guidance?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I dont know what I'm talking about? Thats crazy. You are smart. use your brain! I'm worried about U! Research more, seek and U shall find.
Like I said, you know the "what" but not the "why." You can't look for doctrinal teachings in Anti-Mormon material. You can find falseness anywhere you look. You can even twist George Bush's words around and make him sound like the leader of Al Qieda.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I'll leave the quotes concerning faith without works, cos they will be answered.
OK.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The belief of many Gods, not just one God?
Which is correct? Lets have a look in your King James bible eh?
Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me.

Isaiah 46:5
5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

You guys think that U will be god's right? It's not biblical dude!
Of course there is none as great as God and no person will ever be God. There is only one head-honcho God. We become LIKE him. We don't BECOME him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Want more proof:

Isaiah 43:10
10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Your doctrine contradicts the true word of God. If your god belives that anyone can be God, your god is a false god and not the God of the Bible. You are not Christian. Your Christ is not Jesus Christ, The Savior.
Again, when you die, you can become A God. not THE God. You will have the power. We will forever be SERVANTS of God. We will be able to do all things LIKE him and may be commanded to, but can't go galivanting off and doing whatever we want whenever we want. And what I wrote about the Monotheistic/Polythestic views was from BEFORE the Bible was written. There's no use trying to prove it with the Bible.
I AM Christian. My Christ is Jesus Christ, The Savior. Ruler of the world as spoken of in the Old and New Testaments. He was born of Mary and Joseph in a manger in Bethlahem. He taught the will of his father when he was on earth. He died on the cross so man could live again.

Here are my questions for you, Sincirr.
1.) How did the Bible come about?
2.) (for the third time) What religion do YOU believe in?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) I also have a question for you. If you could earn your way to heaven, why did Jesus have to die? You cant earn your way to heaven, plain and simple.
Jesus died to open the gates to heaven. Only the most perfect could do it. No person who ever had, is, or will live on the earth was perfect enough to do such a great task.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) Try reading more than just one verse. The whole thing means that just because you say, "I believe in God" doesnt mean you are going to heaven. Even Satan and his demons know and believe there is a God. James 2:22 says that that your faith and actions must work together, meaning once you accept Christ, you have to start cleaning up your act and stop sinning. Although everyone that ever lived on this earth has sinned, except Christ himself. Accept Christ, and then show it, good deeds alone will not get you into heaven. Read James 2:14-26. Try not to pick one verse or part of a verse and manipulate it to what you want it to say. Read more and get the whole picture.
I know. That's what I told you. You must prove your love. Just saying "I believe!" is not enough.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) what hurts me the most. is that these guys Are Allright. That Got Strong Will Which I love. And its A Damn Shame That Satan Has Lead The Precious Souls To A False Mixed. Up Doctrine And Crap. But Im praying For theme Both. You have Put A lot of time sincirr your posts buddy thats Cool To God But let shead some. Light Which i may Be A bit Out of line. Even these Guys here Dan And H.D it sounds like there not listening At All. But Even They dont Say Here. Something Inside Of theme Is Coming Around. Its That Peace Inside us All. ...Only That Peace Can Lead U To The Truth my Friends. Its That High Magic Come on Come On!!! Go Here>>> St John Chapter.14>25>31..And Sometimes There Is A Wall Of Relgions That Was Brought on B/c Hey Thats Just The Way We Was Raised!!
No, I'm not listening, because I don't listen to false information. I am only expounding on what was said to give the WHOLE story. The shame is that people don't listen. Quit saying that we believe in magic! WE DON'T! You don't need to pray for us.

Jesus taught "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." No mortal person is perfect. You are casting stones at us for believing what we do, therefore, you must be perfect. Since you are perfect, you must be God. If you are indeed perfect, than continue throwing stones at me until I am dead. The Lord will judge as he sees fit. If he finds me worshiping him in my chosen manner a sin, then let him cast me down dead it in pit of eternal fire.

H=D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"