View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #58
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, put it this way, he was named that because he could roll around stage, whacked out on heroine, and still play rythms that sounded like his songs. I found it even more amazing that Rolling Stone said that Jimi Hendrix wasn number 1. Rolling Stone doesnt base their judgments on skill, otherwise they would have known that Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes, Yngwie Malmsteen, JASON BECKER, MICHEAL ANGELO BATIO, And Mark Tremonti are 10 times better guitar players/writers than Hendrix was on his best day. It's sad to see an article like that, but, apparently they also like this new "garage rock" type of stuff, so they cant be all that credible. lol

Dude that is ridiculous. First off, yngvie malmsteen can shred like nobody's business but he is so BORING. Second, Hendrix IS the greatest guitar player of all time. Third, Tremonti is awesome, but he is NOT in the same league as Hendrix, SRV, Vai, etc. I love him, but he is simply not there yet.

Finally, on topic, I LOVE that article... Stapp couldn't even play the guitar with it strung all open.... ROFL!