View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #26
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Well, then if you're going to base the intelligence of a nation on who they vote for... then it looks I can say the same thing about the French, the Italians, and the Spanish.

Another thing... American politics and history is MUCH easier to understand than the politics of Europe. For one, the history of Europe is hundreds and hundreds of years longer than that of America (I'm referring to the United States, not North America). Secondly, America is one nation... and Europe is full of MANY nations. One would assume that knowing about the politics of one nation is less difficult than understand the politics of many. If you're referring to the European Union... they are a lot of Europeans that don't even know (or care to know, for that matter) about what's going on in Brussels. Not many Europeans understand or know about the politics of American states either.

I mean... if you want to get into the topic of stupid questions... here is a bit of what I have gotten thus far in Europe: "Have you ever seen snow?" -(They ask this because I'm from California), "Do you surf and know movie stars?", I met a Swede named Carolina and once she told me her name I said "Oh, as in North Carolina?" She responded by saying "There's a place with my name?!" Then I said... "Well, actually there are two states with your name in it."

I get questions based on California stereotypes on a daily basis, c'mon now...

OK, let's agree that stupidity is a widespread disease.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl