Thread: board crushes?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #139
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Probably because they are 'fresh' and new to the high school or to college, their first year?
Ohh, I see, that makes sense.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Hayley, what do they call first year students in high school and first year students in college in NZ?
Well it's sort of like hide said, but when you first start college (or high school as its called over there) You are 3rd Form, Year 9. Then the year after that, 4th Form, Year 10. And the year I am now, 5th Form, Year 11. (And so on, I'm sure you get the picture, lol). And after college, when you go to university, I don't know what they call themselves, I guess the same as in college.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) By the way, here in the US the first year is Freshman, the second is Sophomore, the third is Junior and the last year is Senior year.
Hmmm, why is it called Sophomore? lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i know this wasen't directed to me but australia is similar to new zealand
Apart from the accents...

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) (only with less sheep )
Don't forget the cows

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) the new zealanders probably say i'm first year hey, or i'm 3rd year hey. you have to say hey after each sentence, something to do with sheep i think.
We say hey that often? lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) And I love you too, Hailey.
Oooh I'm special. But my name is spelt Hayley
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006