View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Love This E-Mail I Got

Shame on our "president", having the nerve to go and tell a bunch of Muslims in the Middle East that we do not consider ourselves to be a christian nation. Let me ask first of all, how much courage does it take to step off of American soil and say that to a group of people who believe in another religion? How many Americans do you think that Obama actually spoke for on that day? Yes there are some who agree with that. But the majority of people in this country still identify themselves as christian today. And yes it is true that in America there are people with many different beliefs ranging from christian to even satanist to atheism. But the majority call themselves christian, and this country, will not a christian theocracy, was a nation set up by many people who were christian, and founded it upon christian principles.

Then several weeks later he says that we could be considered one of the largest Muslim nations in the world. So it's alright to label ourselves or "consider ourselves" to be something that a minority of the people in this country believe in...especially when for the sake of political expedience. Yet when it comes to calling ourselves or considering ourselves a christian nation by the same standard, that being number of christian believers, it seems Obama can't do that.

Newt Gingrich is not a perfect man. As a matter of fact, in typical "attack the person" fashion, some of Newt's opponents like to point out his marital infidelities. Well, that's not good. But I don't know, I guess either they must be perfect and think they can beat him over the head with sins that God may have forgiven him for, or else they just can't come up with any actual argument to refute the points.

These are some of Newt's points on the matter of whether or not America is a christian nation.

"We're no longer a Christian nation."
-- President Barack Obama
You have probably heard about President Barack Obama's speeches in foreign countries lately -- and some of the outrageous things he has been saying.

He stated on one trip that America is "no longer a Christian nation" -- but it still is.

If it concerns you that President Obama is telling the world that we are "no longer a Christian nation," I hope you will join me in launching a very special campaign to reclaim our heritage.

The evidence is clear that our Founding Fathers built our nation on Judeo-Christian principles.

In fact, I've written a book about it that I would like to send you.

I'll tell you more about that in a minute...

But first, I need you to CLICK HERE if you agree that we need to bring the virtues of our Founding Fathers back to government.

I think you know where I stand.

Like President John Adams, I believe that "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

But many on the Left are willfully ignoring the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of religion.

For instance, a legal battle to remove "In God We Trust" from U.S. currency is underway in the courts.

Far-left judges are ordering the Ten Commandments out of courthouses.

And Obama's administration is reversing the "Conscience Rule" to protect doctors and nurses who refuse to perform abortions due to religious reasons.

That's not what our Founding Fathers intended by separation of church and state.

But don't just take my word for it.

The evidence that our Founding Fathers built America on Judeo-Christian principles is written on nearly every building, memorial and monument in our Nation's Capital.

In my search for proof, I found scripture and religious references etched or engraved on some of the most important buildings in Washington, D.C.

For example, did you know that:

* "Holiness to the Lord" is engraved into a tribute block of the Washington Monument.

* A sculpture of Moses with the Ten Commandments appears over the east portico of the Supreme Court.

* "The heavens declare the glory of God" (Psalm 19:1) is engraved on a wall of the Library of Congress.

* And a heartfelt prayer from President John Adams is carved into the stone fireplace in the White House State Dining Room: "I pray to heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that hereafter inhabit it."

These are just a few of the many examples of Judeo-Christian imagery you'll find in our Nation's Capital.

Tourists visiting Washington, D.C. see them every day.

Yet President Barack Obama lives in the White House... and pretends they aren't there.

In fact, buried inside Obama's trillion-dollar stimulus package was anti-Christian legislation that would have stopped students of faith from using public schools for worship meeting or student Bible study groups.

Perhaps someone should remind the Obama Administration that members of Congress used to hold church services -- right in the U.S. Capitol building!

My friend, that someone is you and me.

Americans of faith need to know what's at stake.

That's why I founded "Renewing American Leadership" -- and why I need you to CLICK HERE if you agree that we need to bring the virtues of our Founding Fathers back to government.

Our Founding Fathers lived by those same values -- in fact, they prayed openly for our nation and even declared national days of prayer and fasting.

If you believe we need to protect our nation's Judeo-Christian heritage for future generations, then I hope you will CLICK HERE to make your very best gift of $35, $50, $100, or even $500 to Renewing American Leadership today.

Your gift is tax-deductible. And in appreciation of your contribution of $35 or more, I will send you a copy of the book I mentioned earlier, Rediscovering God in America.

I wrote Rediscovering God in America to prove that our Founding Fathers clearly built this nation on Judeo-Christian values. Now you and I must tell millions of people that the proof is engraved in stone all over our Nation's Capital!

My friend, these are dangerous times for our nation and I'm counting on Americans of faith -- like you -- to support Renewing American Leadership.

Do you agree with President Barack Obama's claim that "we are no longer a Christian nation"? If you don't, then please accept my invitation and CLICK HERE to make your tax-deductible donation of at least $35 to Renewing American Leadership today... and receive YOUR copy of Rediscovering God in America.

Our Founding Fathers weren't ashamed to declare their faith in public -- and we shouldn't be either!

Your friend,

Newt Gingrich
Former Speaker of the House

P.S. When Sean Hannity read my book, he said it "personally deepened his faith." I hope it will do the same for you and your family!

The next time an Obama liberal tells you "we're no longer a Christian nation," you can hold up your copy of Rediscovering God in America and tell them, "Yes, we are!" Thank you for your support!

CLICK HERE NOW
__________________________________________________ _______________

It's unfortunate that we elected this childish man to lead us. God stated that as we got near the end that our leaders would start to think and act like children, basically. Well, unfortunately that's what we have today with our president. He's not alone... either in this country or in this world. We'll come out of it just fine, though we will have some rough sledding before we get there. But hey, do you have faith in God? Do you believe Him when He says He will watch over and protect you, that if it comes down to it and He says not one hair on your head will be harmed, do you believe that?

Then I think we can handle a little bit of rough sledding.

Jason