View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: But I Thought The Earth Was 6,000 Years Old

Now if God did not create the earth "tohu", and if something occurred to cause it to happen, when did this occur? Well, we don't necessarily know the date, but I'm sure that it would match up quite nicely with the time in which the dinosaurs were destroyed. There are some who would say that dinosaurs evolved or continued to evolve, that life continued to evolve. But man's word or science, and God's Word agree that there was a sudden cataclysm that wiped out the dinosaurs. There's disagreement among men on the cause of it, but there doesn't seem to be disagreement over the fact that it occurred. We have uncovered mammoths in places that were more or less flash frozen and their last meal, so to speak, was undigested in their stomachs.

Now, let's look at Jeremiah 4.

The whole chapter basically deals with God urging Israel to repent, and in verse 22 of the chapter God says My people have not known me and He actually says they're a bit stupid (sottish) and that they are wise to do evil but have no knowledge of how to do good.
Then we come to verse 23 of Jeremiah 4.

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Gee that looks familiar. Where else does it say the earth was without form and void? Genesis 1:2 of course. But you should know by now we're still talking about the same phrase "tohu va bohu". I might say too that even in as much as there was no real mention of the sun until the fourth day of creation of Genesis Chapter 1, that when you have this tohu va bohu state, you have darkness. As a matter of fact the word darkness in Genesis 1:2 is choshek.

Strong's # 2822 choshek (kho-shek'); from 2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness: KJV-- dark (-ness), night, obscurity. (DIC)

So you see, at this point and time you had misery, destruction, sorrow, and yes death. Now did God create it that way? You should know the answer to that by now, of course not! But there was no light until the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit moved on the face of the waters and said "Let there be light!" God spoke His Word and there was light in the darkness, the light of God and His Word piercing through the darkness, and the ignorance and the wickedness to bring forth that which was and is good in this world.

Let's continue in Jeremiah 4, as God set the time sequence, He's taking us back in time beginning with verse 23.

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

This word lightly could probably be called an understatement, for we know that the continents at one point in time were all together and that there was a shaking, a massive earthquake if you will, that broke them apart.

You know it's interesting that there's a state park in Nebraska called Ash Falls. It's named that because there was a volcanic eruption in what is now Idaho that polluted or covered the atmosphere and this part of the world with ash, and it covered the area and killed the animal life there. But what's amazing is the fossilized remains were of camels, many species of horses including I believe zebra, rhinos, all living in and native to Nebraska. How could that be? Well, it was before this trembling, before the continents broke apart, naturally.

A while back I came across a story where some people were exploring a cave in Illinois, and they looked up at the ceiling of the cave, and hanging suspended above them upside down was a perfectly fossilized or petrified rain forest, even with huge insects that were of course extinct, but would not have been part of the climate of Illinois today, particularly in the winters. How did it wind up there, and how did it get turned upside down and driven underground? The world was a far different place at that time, and when that tohu va bohu came about, it was sudden, and it shook everything to its core. God's Word speaks and reigns true through even ancient history, this sudden cataclysm that wiped out everything.

Next verse....

Jeremiah 4:25; "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Now, for the birds to have fled they would have had to have been there in the first place, right? But what is this there was no man? There were men at this time? We're talking about the time of the shaking, the time of the continental drift.

Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

Now can the fruitful place be created a wilderness? Of course not. It became a wilderness. But what's that about the cities? You think when we find pieces of pottery or tools that go back tens of thousands of years if not longer, who do you think made them? I came across one story that said there was evidence of tools made before there was evidence of or any findings of human remains.

http://www.archaeology.org/9703/newsbriefs/tools.html

Well now if that's true, how can that be? You have two bodies. You have a flesh body, and you have a spiritual body. That which is flesh, when it perishes it leaves behind evidence in the form of skeletal and fossilized remains. That which is spiritual though, there is no "evidence" left behind, because it's a different substance. It doesn't age, it doesn't get injured or sick. The only thing or entity that could possibly destroy it is the one who created it, which is God Himself. But did He just destroy those people so that they were no more? No He did not.

Jeremiah 4:27 "For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

He couldn't bring Himself to utterly destroy His children, though He destroyed that age. There's more we can go with this, and there may be some questions, but I'll go one or two places in the New Testament

II Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

This word old is a word or form of old or frame of time that goes way back and is very ancient, back even to the beginning.

II Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

A lot of people see this verse and assume it's talking about Noah's flood. But Noah's flood did not destroy everything in the world. Noah survived, his family survived, 2 of every flesh, and really perhaps even more than that for every clean animal that was taken by sevens. But yet you again go back to the tohu va bohu as described in Jeremiah 4 and there was no life left on earth. So what world, or, it's the same world, what world age or period of time are we talking about here? It's not Noah's flood. It's the tohu va bohu, that period of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2... a gap theory if you want to call it that, but then it's not really theory. It's in God's Word, written plainly for all who wish to study it and rightly divide it for themselves.

Jason