View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Myle's voice a comparison

I was thinking earlier where I would place his voice in comparison with other present day singers I regard very highly. For me Myles technically is right up there with anyone you can name. The range is there, so is the control the lot. Songwriting is good and he can weild an axe. For me though baritones generally impart more emotion to me even though I can think of a couple of tenors who are better singers in a more objective sense. Technically Myles is fantastic but emotionally he is high (like summergirl) but not in the elite perhaps.

Other singers who I rate very highly (current singers) include Chris Cornell, Maynard James Keenan, Eddie Vedder, Scott Stapp, Mike Patton, Trent Reznor, Donald Carpenter and the like. I would place Myles up there with anyone on that list as far as pure singing ability goes. Lyrically obviously someone like Maynard is far and above him. what do you think in your honest opinions?