Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #9403
VJ Raven
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Random Thoughts

Well, my mentor has finished reading my manuscript and I've corrected any typos and anything else she's found. She also made a suggestion to make one of the climaxes near the end more plausible and I've done that.

Another friend of mine out in Washington State offered to be my second editor for it and I've sent it off to her... So after she's done with her editing (I'm expecting to make several grammatical and other revisions! LOL) my manuscript will go into its final draft mode and I'll start getting things like the cover letters and synopses ready for publishers and agents.

I've already finished the formatting. It's now set up in Draft 3 with the basic requirements for agents and publisher submissions. Double spaced, etc.

My husband's aunt suggested that I look into the local publishing houses around Nova Scotia and I have done that... One does look very promising. They're a smaller publishing house but focus on Canadian authors and stories set in Canada. Since my book fully takes place within Canada, mostly in Nova Scotia, they're on my list. I'm not saying just who all will be getting the manuscript for consideration, I'm scared I'll jinx myself if I do so... LOL

I'll let y'all know if I get an acceptance. I won't be able to keep the big yap shut if a publishing house accepts me!

Happy new year everyone.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~