View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok so I got to the Congress around 545, waited outside about 20 minutes before they let the crowd insided...then we had to wait before they opened the auditorium...I was one of the first in the auditorium and got right down in front....right side of the stage.

After joking around with my fellow concert goers for half an hour...the show got going. Submersed was awesome. Dont remember their full setlist but Flicker was in there as well as To Peace, Hollow, and a new instrumental song called The Rescue. These guys just get better every time. They had a lot of crowd support as well, which is good for these guys.

Next up was Silvertide...but before they hit the stage some photagrapher came sneaking up front next to me for pics of silvertide. he was pretty funny...had comments about Stapp, meatloaf, and the 6'7" guy that was talking with us. So then silvertide hit the stage. They have a little bit of a classic/southern rock kinda sound. Their bassist was very good. The singer is a little "free spirited" on stage...dancing and such....they really didnt get much crowd support but I thought they were pretty good and definitely much better than Crossfade was.

Ok so finally time for AB. Ab hit the stage and started with ODR, the crowd was just hopping at that point...Then they went into Watch Your Words, and Broken wings...I was right at the point where the speakers on the floor ended so I had myles towering over me at times...shook his hand a couple of times throughout the concert, and Mark played his guitar just inches from Me....A dream come true. After Find the Real Myles was talking about how he worries about hitting the high notes at the end of the song, so he had to buy some underoos (kids underwear with animals on them) and how that helps hit those notes...then he was like "Mark you should try it, it would help you out." Mark responded with "i dont know what kinda gibberish you are talking about now, but i do know this note" (playing the guitar). Myles has grown a lot with his stage presence...he loves that mic stand...but all the guys have great interaction together(...something i never saw at the creed shows i went to.) Towards the end of the set they did Led Zepplins Rock and Roll. They had an AC/DC intro to it. Before they started it though...Mark Was like "Myles used to be in cover bands so he knows every song there is." Myles then said, " Well not every song. I still have to learn that whole Ashlee Simpson album." That had a lot of laughs...Then someone shouted Eruption so Mark and Myles started up Eruption. It was pretty cool. Then in the encore they did In loving memory and had the whole place singing with them. They followed it up with Aerosmith Sweet emotion. Then finished with Open your Eyes and had the crowd just roaring the whole way through. It was awesome. Definitely one of the best concerts I have ever been to.