View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

I gotta disagree with Uncertain(big surprise there). What you see and what actually occurs behind closed doors, out of the public light, are two different things, imo. We see this guy who has made a fool of himself time and time again.....but have we seen with our own eyes how he reacts with his child? No, we haven't. We can only assume that based on the fact that he is a recovering alcoholic, based on the fact that he has made so many mistakes, that he probably isn't the world's greatest father. But we do not know that for sure. We don't know how much he loves his child, or how good of a dad he is. And because we do not know him personally, because we have only seen what he is like in the public eye, we can't really judge how good of a father he is. Which is why I prefer not to discuss his personal life, because I don't know the guy on a personal basis. I only know the musician. All I know is that he, like everyone else, has his faults. He's been addicted to alcohol and drugs. That doesn't make him incapable of being a good father.

I know a guy personally who has some addictions and he is a father.....and a damn good one at that. Yes, he has his problems, but he is trying his hardest to overcome those.....and it isn't easy for him because bad habits are tough to break. But this guy loves his kid with all his heart and would give his life for his kid. Despite his faults, he's really a good guy at heart. The point of this example is this: just because Scott Stapp is an alcoholic, a "druggie", that doesn't mean he can't be a good father to his child.

I really wish people would stop focusing so much on his personal life and instead focus on the music. I know it's hard, but focusing on the music would lead to a lot less namecalling and fights around here.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!