View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #35
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Photos Or Anything For Chicago Show

I got Erin's review:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon) Here's my Chicago review....wow this was a LONG time ago.....

Well aside from that Alstate ARena has a stick up their fuckin asses about the GA lineup, Lineup went....ok?

we had to line up on the fuckin SIDEWALK....ummm...

Some folks met Michael and Mark at the Target across the street from the arena, and we saw them pull out of Target and drive the 1/2 block to the enterance.

After the most HELLISH, ASSHOLISH, PITTIFUL excuse for a line up and ticket taking/wristband thing.....I wanna really shoot someone for this debacle......we hauled ass to the floor.

Nicole ended up on the rail in front of Brett, I was behind her, and Holly was a couple people down....we lost Stacy....till after the show...sorry hun!!

Stereo Fuse KICKS ASS. The were supposed to be the 2nd opener, but were pushed to open. But they rocked anyways, and it was great.

Local H was our 2nd opener...they SUCKED ASS....whoever thought these guys were a good between band, was probably the SAME ASS HOLE DUMB FUCK who thought Jerry Cantrell was a good 2nd Opener with 12Stones/Creed.

On to Creed.........please note this is OBSERVATION, and yeah.....take it for THAT please.

Started off late...which...no biggie, the day a concert starts on time..hell freezes over.

Bullets -- ROCKED....felt great.....Scott was holding his head a lot again...he was in Madison/St. Paul too....

Freedom Fighter -- Kicked ass.....was great...
Scott talked....couldn't hear what he was saying...lol..never can that close to the rail.

What If-- kicked ass....always does...lots of crowd singing....but Scott started sitting on the steps a lot...which for THIS Song is not normal.
And Scott kissed Mark...and was draped on him....Mark's face.....

SAY I -- I love the drum intro then the bass, then Mark....something wasn't quite right...but the song went well...and LONG...LOL. I think we sang the "Say I" thing for about 2 minutes...which...umm...got to be just WEIRD....Mark and Flip and Brett are all watching/wating for cues, and Scott's just dancing on the left catwalk thingy......it was WEIRD.......

Torn -- Was great...nothin like old-school Creed....but ya know....there was something missing...nto a lot of playing to the crowd really.....Scott was rubbing Mark's head...LOL

WHOS GOT MY BACK.....

After Torn, Scott got PISSED OFF....Threw down his mic....threw down the ear-pieces/pack and BROKE IT....and STORMED/STAGGERED off stage, he almost fuckin FELL OFF the steps down...it was rather freaky.
The looks from the other were that of...."WHAT THE FUCK just happened here"...cause there was nothing bad with the audio.

Then WGMB intro...all good right?? WRONG.
Scott comes back on...MINUS his SHOES......yes....SHOES. Needless to say, this song did NOT go well. He was sitting down on the steps by Flip a LOT, kneeling by where his mic stand is, and eventually LAYING DOWN on the stage...flat out. Mic stand between his legs...which was just WRONG! He layed there, with Flip looking like (WTF) ...the WHOLE LAST PART of the SONG!

At this point, the others are confused, the Crowd is NOT HAPPY with what's going on, and we were not singing along...we were all staring at the stage wondering what the FUCK is going on.

Scott gets up, STORMS/Staggers off stage AGAIN, PISSED AS ALL HOLY HELL.....After throwing his Mic and ear pack AGAIN, and pointing to BRETT to sing...Brett's face...um NO...cause he was playing the keyboard at the end of WGMB.

After about a minute, Mark ggoes to talk to Brett and Flip...about 45 SEcond pow-wow...goes to his mic...
"Scott just stormed of stage, we dont' know what's goin on, but I'm gonna go find out. And we'll be RIGHT BACK."

With that....Mark (Looking like he's gonna fuckin KILL SCOTT) goes off stage, followed by Brett and eventually Flip....

the Crowd BOOS.....the crowd is Pissed as all hell, we're thinking it might be over, and people near me were like "LEt's riot" (umm...not a good idea).....but some people in seats left, and I'm sure some Pit did too....

Lights are down, but some color ones started moving, and we see Mark, Scott, Brett and Flip walk back out. They were off stage, MAYBE 1-2 minutes....nto long at all, and I really want to know waht Mark Said!!!!

Me and Holly have our ideas...LOL...

So they're back on stage. Scott has since decided that shirts are optional....no shirt and no shoes.....so no service?? But yeah...shirtless Stapp....he and his black towel were inseperable the rest of the night.....pretty much...
But the crowd is STILL BOOOOOOING.....we were all still in the WTF mode...

2 notes into OLB, the crowd ROARS, and things seem to get back on track....SEEM.

OLB was as passionate as I've heard it. It felt like he was feeling this song. Slight **BUT DELIBERATE (I explain later)** Lyric change --
I think I'm holding onto life to tight
became
I think I'm holding onto life just a little to tight.

HIDE was pretty good....some lyric mistakes, but still went really well...

MOP....Scott and those steps get reaquainted...and....yeah...Scott tends to wear pants that don't fit to well inthe waist...and he kept hitching them up...but he'd pull the front down...WTF??? whatever at this point....lol.
Scott basically sat on the steps by the drums the whole song....really only getting up to go by Mark on the chorus.

Mark was still seemingly a little annoyed with Scott's attitude from earlier though. Brett and Flip were kinda like...we'll, we'll rock, but WTF's with STapp.

WEATHERED (may have been before MOP? Can't really recall)
Went ok...Stapp did funny dance....I can't discribe it..but yeah....he's not on the same page with the others. He sat on the steps for the most part, draped in towel, and holding his head.

WAWO -- Scott seemed to come BACK to Earth for this song...at least the 1st Verse...which he sang 2 times. Lighters were lit all over, and people were rocking anyways. Mark's solo was ad-libed enough that he changed keys about 5 times ...but it was cool as all hell.

ONE -- you'd think he'd know the words to this...umm...well...some of them.
I feel angry, I feel Helpless, don't try and change my mind
I feel violent, I feel alone, don't try and change my mind
EVERY time....and he was MAJORLY fucking up the verses...it was honestly, PATHETIC. For the message that this song has, It was just SAD to hear what I feel was a half-assed vocal part on it.
The pyro was good.

WTLF -- BLUE COLLAR INTRO BABY....Mark was PHOENOMINAL and I just KNEW he was doing what he could to make the Crowd happy, cause some were still pissed. Scott managed to get all the words right, and there was some passion to it....I think this was the turning point to go to the Encore....

PAUSE.....this was SUPPOSED to be a break....I swear I told a dozen people that.....oyyyyyy

Come back for HIGHER
Scott was saying/apologizing....that he wasn't into it with us, or wasn't feeling us giving before, but he was feeling it now. *shrugg*

HIGHER -- went really well. It seemed like this show was going to at least END on a GOOD NOTE. Lots of getting the crowd to sing, and MAJOR MArk solos.

My Sacrifice -- Was great till the end. Scott AGAIN for the THIRD TIME throws down his mic, and earpieces/pack, and nearly walks off again. I swear the death stare Brett shot him....he turned right around. Mark is over by Flip and starts heading back to his mic, and Brett's heading to his, like
"Fuck, if he's gonna be an ass, WE'LL finish the song."
Well here come Stapp hauling ASS across the stage, GRABS MARK's MIC, and runs up the Right Catwalk thingy.

In the process he knocks over Mark's mic stand with the cord, and does SOMETHING to muck up Mark's guitar. He comes back to his normal spot (With Mark's mic), and ATTEMPTS to finish MS....

BUT he has no earpieces and NO MOnitors to hear the others, so he is just OFF BEAT/PITCH and after attempts by Mark/Flip/Brett to try to follow him, they just end it.

Scott's off stage in about 10 seconds, the others to their normal passing/tossing of pics/sticks...with rather annoyed/upset/disturbed looks on their faces.

Lemme say that while Scott was NOT all with it...MARK was fucking ON and MORE. He was picking up the MAJOR SLACK that STapp was giving, and honestly, Mark, Brett and Flip CARRIED This show.

I think I ended up simply watching Stapp to see what bizarre thing he'd do next....it was just NOT at all like any shows I've been to before.

Other times I would try to focus on Brett or Mark and try to get SOMETHING for the rocking, and that provided many chances....

I really hope/pray that whatever the fuck happened tonight is taken care off by NYE on Tuesday, cause if Chicago was "Harsh", Creed will be tared and feathered in Philly if that show goes like this one did.

I feel bad for the people that this was their first show. We met a husband/wife/2 kids earlier in the day....who didnt' realize they didn't need to be there for seats till later....they'd driven from TEnnessee, it was their first show.

I believe Denise (Mike Tremonti's GF) will be posting at Pit about it, to dispell rumors or clear the air or whatever term you should choose.

But Somthing wasn't quite right at the beginning and it carried through the show. Stapp's "hissy fits" really killed the crowd, and I applaud Mark, Brett and Flip for picking up the slack and carrying the show.

This show as deffinatly NOT up to Creed standards, and I hope they get things worked out for Philly on Tuesday.

They need a break...however long, it's needed. They need to live their lives. Scott needs to get his life figured out, and when they want to, come back to Creed.
I know I'll still be there.

I asked her once to send it to my e-mail!