View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #95
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Wow. That was one absurd post right there.

You know NOTHING about Catholicism, and your ignorance makes me doubt your opinions on other matters. Catholics most certainly do NOT practice idolatry, and anyone who says this is either misinformed, stupid, or a bona fide anti-Catholic. You think praying to Saints is idolatry? How else do you think we are supposed to talk to them? Seeing as you are no Christian, I will have to spell this out for you:

All Christians are part of the Body of Christ. No Christian would deny that. Jesus has only ONE Body, no Christian would deny that. Saints in Heaven are not SEPERATED from the body of Christ, they are made PERFECT in it. As such, it is still good for them to offer intercessory prayer for those who need it, and it is also good for us to ASK THEM for it. Unfortunately, the only way we can do that is by prayer. PRAYER IS NOT WORSHIP.

1 Timothy 2: 1-3, God tells us that offering prayers, petitions and supplications for each other is PLEASING to God. PLEASING. So don't go running your mouth about how we worship Saints. We don't.

And Catholocism has never changed one BIT of Doctrine to fir with the times, DESPITE all of the super liberal Catholics who want us to. The Church still condemns contraception, abortion, cloning, stem cell research etc., despite those being VERY unpopular stances. Has the Church relaxed certain practices? Yes. For instance, one used to be required to abstain from food for three horus before Mass, now only one. THAT IS NOT CHANGING DOCTRINE. I dare you to come up with a SINLGE example of the Catholic Church changing ANY doctrine. EVER. Defined doctrines? Sure. Developing doctrines? Indeed. But not CHANGED.