View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

Yeah, and it turned out he was not BSing about the breakup.

I'm not naive enough to think Mark didn't have an agenda, but maybe he was just fed up with the whole situation going nowhere. It's his perception of whatever the reality of the situation is or was. Obviously, he's going to have some feelings about that. And there ARE two sides to every story and Scott had a chance to state his. He didn't. His problem. Personally, I think Mark did what he did with as much class as possible. He could have called him names, he could have revealed whatever personal problems they were having, but he didn't. Have you read some of the garbage the former members of Pantera have said about each other publicly? Frankly, I'd rather have him at least try to explain it than be fed the BS PR spin that usually comes out with these situations. People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

Quote: I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

And without the whole truth in my mind. Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine. But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows? He's very image conscious.

Quote: To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.