View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #104
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I don't know... if you compare to MOP and Human Clay, they're downhill I think. But comparing to Weathered, I'd say it's in the same level.

Don't get me wrong, I like W. better than MOP... but the lyrics weren't as good.

Actually, I personally like MOP best of all. I think lyrically, vocally and musically it is better than HC and Weathered. I still like HC a lot, though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) he just means it's easier to write when you're pissed, frustrated or dealing with issues than when you're happy.

I don't know if you're religious or not. But when you're in trouble, people claim to God desperately. But when things are doing fine, they will tell everybody and cheer before they remember to thank God.

It's part of human nature...

That was exactly what I meant. It IS easier to write when you're ticked off than when you're happy. I speak from experience. My least creative work, as a lyricist, is the songs in which I express happiness. My most creative work, on the other hand, is in the songs in which I express frustration, or anger, or unhappiness. It is just so much easier to find the right words, the right structure in that type of song for me.

I just think that because Stapp has changed, that is the reason why his lyrics are so different.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 10-17-2005 at 01:34 PM.