View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:31 AM   #1493
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

January 3rd

"Rich in mercy."

Everyone deserves to be punished for sin, but God's punishment is always tempered with mercy because of his great love for us. Ephesians 2:4-5 explains that we are saved from our sin only because of God's mercy.

-But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's special favor that you have been saved.)

Although we do not deserve to enter his presence, God wants us to come boldly before him. Hebrews 4:16 promises that we will find mercy and grace—all that we need, exactly when we need it.

-So let us come boldly to the throne of our Gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.

God loves to show mercy! He eagerly waits for us to repent so that he can shower us with forgiveness. Micah 7:18 declares:

-Where is another God like you, who pardons the sins of the survivors among his people? You cannot stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing mercy.

Long ago the Lord said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

Jeremiah 31:3

Heaven