View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #52
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Hey Alter Bridge fans!

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Anyway, Bono has some great lyrics. some REALLY great lyrics. Stapp has nothing like Bono... at all... Some of the stuff on MOP was better, I'll grant you that, but none of it ever got close to Bono's better work, especially Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. I love Achtung Baby. I think that is my favorite album of all time. I can listen to every single song. Every single one. And I am picky, as we all know...

Oh, don't think I meant that Stapp's best work is as good as Bono's on classic albums like Joshua Tree and Achtung baby. No way is it because Bono is a legend....Stapp isn't. Bono has consistently been really good, lyrically, on all the U2 albums while Stapp has....well, he hasn't been great since Human Clay. But all I meant was that, in a lot of respects, when I listen to Stapp's lyrics(on MOP, mainly) I am reminded a lot of Bono and some of the things he writes about. I can see the parallels between the two.

As for Achtung, ah, I love a lot of the songs on there(particularly "One"), but I prefer Joshua Tree, both lyrically and musically. JT just seems to be stronger(look at the top 7 tracks....just brilliant) in pretty much every way. JMO, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!