Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #92
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh, I figured you would mention those guys. Nothing really particularly special about any of them.

You asked for other "good" baritones, and so I named a couple that are fairly known. I could name some more that I think are good(like Matt Hammit of Sanctus Real, for instance) but you probably wouldn't know who they were.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I actually was listening to the radio the other day (shocking, I know) and a song came on and it sounded exactly like Stapp singing it and I was confused. I was like "Did I totally miss a song off his album?". Turns out the song was by 3 Doors Down. Stapp sounds like everyone else. Of course YOU can differentiate him... you listen to his songs all the time for a long time. I can pick him out. I have listened to his songs often. But he still sounds very generic.

One thing: you're absolutely CRAZY if you think Stapp sounds like Brad Arnold(that is his name, right?) I hear no vocal resemblence between those two, so I can't understand why you think Stapp and Arnold sound anything alike. Yes, I might give you the Vedder comparison, but no way will I give you that comparison.

BTW, I don't listen to Stapp all the time(I've been more into U2 and a bunch of other artists lately) and I've only been a Creed fan for 3-4 years. But when I hear just one or two seconds of him singing, I know exactly who it is. Even my niece and nephew do(and I have put them to the test on that.....and they only know one or two Creed songs). I still think Stapp has a fairly unique voice.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!