View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #29
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I have had Ajax home since 8 this morning, and he seems to be doing REALLY good. What's sad is that, when I got to the vet to pick him up, he had stitches, due to them "trying" to get that catheter into his bone, without success, and he had one of those collar things on, so he wouldn't eat at his stitches. He is on pain meds and antibiotics, and I got some spray that you can spray on wounds that tastes disgusting, so I could remove the collar and he would take on lick, and not touch those stitches again. He will definitly eat if I put the food right in front of him, and I have caught him eating when he thinks no one is looking, so he is on the right track. Since the kids came home from school he has been resting a lot, I think their hyper-activity wears him out. I told them not to pick him up so they wouldn't hurt his stitches, and I have checked on him periodically, to make sure he isn't having another episode. I have to take him back in a week to check the stitches, or if he has anymore spells, but he seems to be doing really good. Just wanted to let you know.